Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\hackleylibrary.org\httpdocs\inc\secondnav.php on line 7
- A Comprehensive Glossary of Weather Terms for Storm Spotters in layman's terms, from NOAA. (LII)
- Climate zone average monthly climate and weather indicators for Muskegon
- Howstuffworks: How Hurricanes Work learn all about hurricanes and how they form (from HowStuffWorks). (STW)
- Michigan State Police Winter Travel Advisory The Winter Travel Advisory operates from late November or early December through March 30th. It is updated twice a day or as information concerning travel conditions is received. If you need more current or specific information, please listen to your local radio or television stations. You may also call the Michigan State Police Travel Hotline at 1-800-381-8477. (RT)
- NOAA Watch: NOAA’s All-Hazard Monitor When the weather outside is frightful (or even when it isn’t), budding meteorologists will want to turn to the NOAA’s All-Hazard Monitor website. Drawing on an impressive array of weather-tracking devices, satellites, and so on, visitors can monitor a number of types of weather here, including tropical weather, droughts, volcanoes, earthquakes, and oil spills. (SR)
- Realclimate.org RealClimate is a commentary site on climate science by working climate scientists for the interested public and journalists. We aim to provide a quick response to developing stories and provide the context sometimes missing in mainstream commentary. The discussion here is restricted to scientific topics and will not get involved in any political or economic implications of the science. (LII)
- Guide to reading weather maps from the Department of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. (LII)
- Weather from Information Please weather facts, including Climate, Weather Extremes, Weather Disasters and Meteorology (RB)
- Storm Database for use in Hackley Public Library only--requires password.
- Weather (Muskegon code is MKG).
- Weather Channel Easy to use and comprehensive.
- Weather Channel Interactive Maps see local weather.
- Weather Channel Storm Encyclopedia
- Weather from the Franklin Institute
- Weather Spark Historical, Current, and Forecasts, with graphs and reports. Very cool.
- Weather Underground Less commercial than the Weather Channel, and has many language options. Nice radar image.
- National Weather Service Aimed at serious weather information researchers.
- US Daily Weather Maps historical daily weather maps from 1871 through 2001, from NOAA
- US Daily Weather Maps from 2001 to present, from NOAA
- Monthly Weather Review access to issues of the Monthly weather review prior to 1973 for free, when it was produced by National Weather Service and Dept. of Commerce. Access to issues from 1973 onwards requires a subscription from AMS.
- Monthly Climatic Data for the World from NOAA. For use in Hackley Public Library only. Requires a password. (LII)
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey Annual Reports from 1852 to 1892 in PDF format
- Climatic data of the world (Non U.S.) from NOAA, international climatic observations from all over the world have been imaged
- National Hurricane Center Current and historical hurricane and cyclone information.
- Tornado Project Online Lots of information on tornadoes.
- UM WeatherProviding access to thousands of forecasts, images, and the Net's largest collection of weather links.
- United States Landfall Probability Web site landfall estimates for different varieties of storm force winds over the next 50 years in 205 different counties, from Texas to Maine. (LII)