A Prayer for Peace: To Bind the Nation’s Wounds
The West Michigan Concert WINDS will present a concert entitled “A Prayer for Peace: To
Bind the Nation’s Wounds” on Sunday, April 23, 2017, at 4:00 p.m., in Reeths-Puffer High
School’s Rocket Centre for the Performing Arts, 1545 N. Roberts Rd., Muskegon, Michigan.
Tickets are available at the door. Admission for adults is $10; seniors are admitted for $7.
Children 18 and under are admitted free of charge.
The WINDS believes that music is a powerful tool that binds people together. It provides ways
to build bridges, mend relationships, dissolve tension, heal wounds, and elevate the human spirit.
With these thoughts in mind, it presents a concert filled with hope, including these musical
• “A Prayer for Peace” by John Williams
• “To Bind the Nation’s Wounds” by James Curnow
• “Innisfree” by Carl Strommen
• “Beau Ideal March” by John Philip Sousa
Several hymn arrangements and praise songs will also be featured:
• An American Hymnsong Suite by Dwayne Milburn
• “Liturgical Dances” by David Holsinger
• “On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss” by David Holsinger (based on the hymn “It is Well
with My Soul”)
• “Songs of Praise” by Vaclav Nelybel (based on three hymn tunes)
This is the final concert in the WINDS’ 2016-2017 season.
Established in 1979, the West Michigan Concert WINDS is an 80-piece, award-winning musical
ensemble. The WINDS strives to be an outstanding concert band, recognized for its excellence
both in West Michigan and across the nation.
For more event information, visit the WINDS online at www.wmcw.org or call Jake Meyers at
|Event Date||04-23-2017 4:00 pm|
|Event End Date||04-23-2017 6:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Admission for adults is $10; seniors are admitted for $7. Children 18 and under are admitted free of charge.|
|Location||Reeths Puffer High School Rocket Center for the Performing Arts|