Hackley Public Library offers downloadable eAudiobooks through Overdrive to Hackley Library card holders.
Overdrive To use Overdrive, either find a book in the library's catalog, or go directly to the Overdrive site. You do not need to register in the library, but you will need to have your library card handy. You will also need to download the Overdrive Media Console before downloading a book. Find a book, follow the directions, and happy reading! Overdrive does have a very nice slide presentation on their product. Look for it under Help.
- AudioBooksForFree MP3, iPOD and DVD audiobooks (adventures, detectives, horrors, classics, children, non-fictions, philosophy, etc.) for you to download and enjoy.
- Search for e-books From Librarian chick. Search for free audio, text, and e-books. (LIB)
- Project Gutenberg Audio Books
- LibriVox provides totally free audiobooks from the public domain.
- Free Classic Audiobooks Available in MP3 and M4B for iPod.
- Librophile: search for free e-audio, and e-books.
- LoudLit.org “LoudLit.org is committed to delivering public domain literature paired with high quality audio performances. We pair together great literature and accompanying audio.” (IRN)
- Open Culture Audiobook Podcast Collection - Free Audiobooks (WIL)
- Podiobooks “The term podiobook was coined by Evo Terra to describe serialized audiobooks which are distributed via RSS, much like a podcast. Listeners to Podiobooks.com can choose to receive the episodes of their books via an RSS feed or by listening to episodes by directly downloading episodes from this site. Some listeners keep the audio files on their computers, some transfer the book to CD, but most transfer the file on to their MP3 player so they can listen no matter where they are.”
- SYNC: Free audio books available during the summer months. Two books are offered each month, a YA title and a read-a-like classic.
- Universal Digital Library Search for digital books.