|Poetry and Plays:
- Academy of American Poets
- Bartleby Verse: American and English Poetry, 1250-1920 Many anthologies of verse are included here and can be searched.
- British Women Romantic Poets, 1789-1832
- Byron: A Comprehensive Study of His Life and Work biography, timeline, selected works.
- Ben Jonson contains most of Jonsons' plays and lyric poetry, a brief biography (with hypertext links), additional Web resources, and a number of critical essays on Jonson's body of work.
- Light and Dust Anthology of Poetry This international anthology of contemporary poetry has selected works, entire books, visual poetry and other work...in graphics files, background material on the authors, essays on poetry, and links to related sites. (LII)
- Modern Haiku ...a journal dedicated to promoting and publishing the work of those writers and poets working on this particular form of poetic expression. (SR)
- Favorite Poem Project [RealPlayer, .pdf]. Hear other people's favorite poems and find out how to submit your own.
- Poem Hunter.com
- Poetry 180 from the Library of Congress and the Poet Laureate. A poem for each day of the school year. (RB)
- Poetry Magazine the oldest monthly devoted to verse in the English-speaking world. (LII)
- The Poetry Society of America the highlights of this site include a calendar of upcoming events sponsored by the Society, and a direct link to the Favorite Poem Project, which was begun by former U.S. Poet Laureate Robert Pinsky. (SR)
- The Samuel Beckett On-Line Resources and Links Pages look here for info on Samuel Beckett (LII)
- _The Oxford Shakespeare_ the most authoritative Shakespeare freely available on the Internet
- Complete Works of William Shakespeare
- Search Shakespeare searches each line of Shakespeare for your key words (RB)
- Internet Shakespeare Editions scholarly, fully annotated texts of Shakespeare's plays. (LII)
- Treasures in Full: Shakespeare in Quarto presents digitized versions of all 21 of Shakespeare's plays that were published in quarto before 1642. (SR)
- The Swinburne Project Algernon Charles Swinburne. (SR)
- Robert Penn Warren the first Poet Laureate of the United States. (SR)
- The Academy of American Poets: Robert Penn Warren the first Poet Laureate of the United States. (SR)
- The Walt Whitman Archive under the direction of Kenneth M. Price of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Ed Folsom at the University of Iowa. With significant support from a host of organizations and institutions, the Archive has grown over the past few years to include a host of versions of Whitman's Leaves of Grass, his other diverse poetry manuscripts, and an integrated guide to the aforementioned manuscripts. (SR)
- Academy of American Poets: Walt Whitman links to eighteen Whitman poems, seven Whitman discussion questions and pages about five additional romanticism poets (Poe, Keats, Shelley, Coleridge and Wordsworth.) (STW)