Departments, Agencies, Etc.
- U.S. Government RSS Library RSS is a method of summarizing the latest news and information from a website. This site provides access to government sites with RSS feeds. (LII)
- List of Federal Agency Internet Sites Based on the U.S. Government Manual, the List directs users to the Web sites of active Federal agencies, and can be searched in several ways. Users can view a hierarchical or an alphabetical list of all agencies. The agencies are also listed by broad category, such as boards/commissions, legislative, and quasi-official. The entire list is searchable by agency keyword as well.
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Commerce
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admin
- Patent and Trademark Office
- Information on how to subscribe to Patent Office RSS feeds From the Free Government Information blog
- Intellectual Property Patent Search free patent search service
- Free Patents Online provides free patent searching of US and European patents, free PDF downloading, free accounts that allow the organization of documents and searches, a notification service, and RSS feeds of new patents and published applications. THIS IS NOT A GOVERNMENT SITE.
- Patent Search
- SumoBrain offers cross-collection searching, portfolios, alerts, and other collaboration tools, as well as bulk PDF download capabilities. Sumobrain caters to intellectual property professionals, attorneys, and users in the corporate world.
- Trademark Electronic Search System
- Search for Applied Patents
- Patent Law Links(Commercial Site)
- Patent Law Portal a legal directory focusing on Patent Law. (not a Government site)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- National Technical Information Service
- United Kingdom Patent Office
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- International Energy Outlook This has an outlook for energy markets in all major countries through 2035
- Wind Powering America consumer information about wind power in a question and answer format, with links to documents from the DOE and elsewhere. (LII)
- Wind Turbines a social networking partner of Wind Powering America
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Ginnie Mae help for those looking to find inexpensive housing. (LII)
- Department of the Interior
- Department of Justice
- Department of Labor
- Wirtz Labor Library internationally recognized for its excellent collection of labor history materials.
- Department of State
- Department of Transportation
- Department of the Treasury
- Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- IRS: Tax Forms Needs Adobe Acrobat Reader to download.
- Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) Updated IRS Site. This site gathers information about the IRS.
- Taxday Reports How our taxes are spent.
- Federal Tax Administrators Links to all 50 states tax sites
- Tax Policy Center This site features estimates, tax facts, news, and analysis about potential changes in the federal tax system, such as the 2005 concepts of repealing the deduction for state and local taxes, and replacing the income tax with a tax on consumption. The center is a joint venture of the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution. (LII)
- Online Tax Preparation
- Most of these tax sites will be accepting tax information after January 15, 2014
- CompleteTax Federal and State Return with E-filing for One Low Price
- Free File information from the IRS on free filing online.
- Free Filing Software from the IRS
- Free Tax USA free for qualified individuals.
- Free E-filing Information from the State of Michigan.
- Taxact.com has web based preparation or software to download.
- Taxfreedom.com Intuit® Inc. and the Intuit Financial Freedom Foundation are proud to sponsor the Intuit Tax Freedom ProjectSM, donating TurboTax® for the WebSM services to individuals and families who qualify.
- Turbo Tax Free Efile
- Tax Software Review A side-by-side comparison of 10 tax preparation software programs and electronic filing (e-filing) services. Factors include price, basic features, e-filing options, tax assistance support, and technical requirements. Also includes details about ratings for each program. From a publisher of product reviews for software and web services.
- Online Tax Software Reviewed From Reviews.com
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Corporation for Nat'l and Community Service.
- Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Export/Import Bank of the US
- Farm Credit Admin
- Air Traffic Control System Command Center (ATCSCC) Federal Aviation Administration.
- Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
- Federal Housing Finance Agency
- Federal Labor Relations Authority
- Federal Maritime commission
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
- Federal Trade Commission
- Merit Systems Protection Board
- Nat'l Archives and Record Admin.
- Access to Archival Databases (AAD from NARA.
- Nat'l Capital Planning Comm.
- Nat'l Credit Union Admin.
- Nat'l Foundation for the Arts and Humanities
- Nat'l Labor Relations Board
- Nat'l Science Foundation
- Nat'l Transportation Safety Board
- Nuclear Regulatory Comm.
- Occupational Safety and Health Review Comm.
- Office of Gov't Ethics
- Peace Corps
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp
- Postal Regulatory Commis.
- Railroad Retirement Board
- Small Business Admin
- Social Security Admin
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Trade and Development Agency
- Agency for International Development
- Overseas Private Investment Corp
- U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- U. S. Postal Service: Zip Codes
- Legal Services Corp
- Smithsonian Institute
- US Institute Of Peace
- Asian Development Bank
- International Monetary Fund
- Fedstats Search engine covering 28 federal agency databases.