|Library and Librarian Sites:
- Lakeland Library Cooperative Maps maps to libraries in the Lakeland Library Cooperative.
- Libraries 411 Find a public library by name or zip code. (LIB)
- Libraries, from First Gov A browsable directory of several dozen national, federal, state, and local libraries; online library databases; grants for libraries; and more. From the U.S. government. (LII)
- Library Lovers' Month information on making February a month-long celebration of Libraries (LII)
- California Digital Library Search the online library catalogs of the University of California system. Some resources may be limited to California users only.
- Gabriel: Gateway to Europe's National Libraries includes 41 European libraries. (SR)
- International Language Resources in the State of Michigan
- Internet Public Library.
- Koha Open Source Library System 'Made in New Zealand by Katipo Communications Ltd. and maintained by a team of volunteers from around the globe, the Koha system is a full catalogue, opac [online public access catalog], circulation and acquisitions system that may be downloaded for free. The site includes a FAQ, a demo of the acquisitions mode, and installation and support information. ' (LII)
- Lakeland Library Cooperative Home Page
- Libdex this new directory indexes library homepages, Web-OPACs, Friends of Libraries pages, and library e-commerce affiliate links
- Library of Iberian Resources Online
- Library of Michigan
- The Library History Buff This site promotes the appreciation, enjoyment, and preservation of library history. It features illustrated commentary and links to related sites in the areas of librariana (about collecting library artifacts and memorabilia, with a list of collectible items), library history (such as Carnegie libraries and membership libraries), and postal librariana. From retired librarian Larry T. Nix. (LII)
- Library Success : A Best Practices Wiki This wiki was created to be a one-stop-shop for great ideas for librarians. All over the country, librarians are developing successful programs and doing innovative things with technology that no one outside of their library knows about. There are lots of great blogs out there sharing information about the profession, but there is no one place where all of this information is collected and organized. (RB)
- Library Support Staff.com links for library support staff. (LII)
- Map Libraries
- Michigan Electronic Library First choice for a wide range of information.
- Michigan eLibrary hosts information for library staff about statewide projects.
- Muskegon District Library Home Page
- National Library of Medicine Classification
- UN Documents Find UN publications from the Dag Hammarskjold Library
- UNESCO Library Portal a resource for information on both worldwide libraries and issues and news related to librarianship
- West Michigan Library Catalog This link takes you to the new web based online catalog for the Lakeland Library Cooperative. With a library card issued by a Lakeland Library Cooperative member library you can place holds on books, and check your record.
- Niels Bohr Library of the Center for History of Physics at the American Institute of Physics.
- Blogbib: An Annotated Bibliography on Weblogs and Blogging, With a Focus on Library/Librarian Blogs This annotated bibliography includes definitions, articles about blogging and about library blogs, books, studies, links to samples of the myriad library blogs, tools for creating and using blogs, and links to presentations on blogging. ... While most entries are from the United States of America, BlogBib includes blogs and commentary from Canada, Europe, and Australia as well. Coverage includes academic, public, school, and special libraries. (LII)
- BWI Title Tales Reviews of books.
- Catalogablog A blog (Web log) devoted to library cataloging, classification, metadata, subject access and related topics, from David Bigwood, Assistant Manager for Library Services (and Cataloger) at the Lunar and Planetary Institute. (LII)
- Ex Libris: A Weekly E-zine for Librarians This free weekly column, by reference librarian Marylaine Block (best known for her weekly mailing of best-pick websites, Neat New Stuff), addresses the Internet, computers, databases, people, and current events. (LII)
- Fiction Finder What would a user-friendly library catalog look like? Fiction Finder explores that question with an intriguing experimental display based on a proposed conceptual model for information organization, FRBR (Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records). To see FRBR in action, play around with authors, titles, keywords, and Library of Congress subjects. This site does not provide help screens or information about Fiction Finder. From the research division of OCLC.... (LII)
- Hennen's American Public Library Ratings (HALPR) This site rates public libraries in the United States (LII)
- Internet Library for Librarians A Portal Designed for Librarians to Locate Internet Resources Related to Their Profession. (LIB)
- Just In Time Electronic Article Delivery Services a meta-index
- Stephen Bell's Keeping Up Web Page to help “library and information science professionals develop and maintain a program of self-guided professional development.”
- Librarian's World Librarian's World is a network of Librarians & Information Scientists. It is a democratically managed site without any editor. It offers Social bookmarking, Expertise Exchange, Discussion Forums, Librarians Webpages and many other facilities with an objective of better networking & knowledge sharing amongst Librarians. (IRN)
- Librarian-Resources-ReadyToGo A Wiki designed by library students and professionals to pool resources for use in libraries of all types. (IRN)
- Library Humor From the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA). (LII)
- Library Journal (SR)
- Library Records Post-Patriot Act (Federal Law) Created for the Law Library Resource Xchange (LLRX) by Mary Minow, an attorney and former librarian. (LII)
- Library Support Staff Resource Center Created and maintained by the American Library Association (SR)
- LisNews a twice daily listing of news in the Library and Information Science field.
- @Brint From the Brint Institute (an information management firm), a compendium of interesting and useful information
- Organizing Web Information a meta-index of different approaches.
- Usage and Usability Assessment: Library Practices and Concerns from the Digital Library Federation. (SR)
- Boston Globe Horn Book Awards
- DLTK's Crafts for Kids
- Dr. Seuss's animals and characters Among other things, this site has an alphabetical listing of all Dr. Seuss's creatures.
- Natural Learning: Fingerplays Over thirty poems and other fingerplay exercises. (LII)
- Newbery Medal (STN)
- Picture Book Database from Miami University, has 3600 abstracts of children's picture books that can be searched by keyword, topics, or concepts.
- Fingerplays and Songs
- Kididdles Search for kids music
- Michigan Chapter of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
- The Mother Goose Pages Find those rhymes you've partially forgotten. (LII)
- Nuttin but Kids good source of finger plays, songs, and lots of things to help plan storytimes.
- Random House's Teachers At Random
- Resources for School Librarians This site provides a compilation of links for school librarians in the areas of learning and teaching, information access, program administration (including library management policies and procedures), technology, education and employment, and continuing education. Searchable, or browsable by topic. This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian, Philadelphia, PA. (LII)