Some of these resources can only be used while inside Hackley Public Library, others can be used from home but require an HPL library card.
Subscription Databases provided for use within the library:
- Ancestry™ Library Edition - Patrons can access this vast collection of census information, vital records, and other genealogical resources from within Hackley Library only.
- HeritageQuest™ Online - Users can access this database of census records, genealogical books, and other relevant information from within the library or at home with a valid Michigan ID number.
- AmericanAncestors.org - Official site of the New England Historic Genealogical Society, offering a wealth of resources pertaining to family history in New England and New York. Accessible from within the library only.
- AfricanAmericanAncestors.org - A web portal from the NEHGS, this site is a central connection for the various resources concerning African-American genealogy on the AmericanAncestors.org website.
For use at home with a Hackley Public Library Card
Digital Libraries provided through the Federal Depository System--available from within the Library only:
MeL Databases Some of these can only be used within a Michigan Library, some can be used from home with a Michigan Library Card number or Michigan Driver's Licence number. Click on MeL Databases. Watch an Introduction to MeL for help.
- Academic OneFile
- Biography and Genealogy Master Index
- Books and Authors
- Business and Company Resource Center
- Computer Database
- Culture Grams
- eLibrary Elementary
- Eric (free version)
- Expanded Academic ASAP
- FDSys (Federal Digital System)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- General Business File ASAP
- General OneFile
- General Reference Center Gold
- Health and Wellness Resource Center (tutorial)
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Heritage Quest online
- Informe! en Espanol
- InfoTrac Jr. Edition
- InfoTrac Newsstand
- InfoTrac Student Edition
- Job and Career Accelerator
- Kids InfoBits
- Lansing State Journal
- Learning Express Library
- Medline Plus
- Michigan Authors and Illustrators
- Michigana: Sources in US History
- New York Times
- Nursing Resource Center
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- SIRS Discoverer Deluxe
- SIRS Renaissance
- Small Business Resource Center
- Turfgrass Information File
- World Cat (free edition)