State Government Information:
- Michigan Government
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan Senate
- Michigan Senate Democrats YouTube
- Michigan Governor
- Michigan Compiled Laws
- Michigan Legal Help an interactive website built to help self-represented litigants handle relatively simple civil legal matters on their own.
- Michigan E-citizen portal E-citizen is about expanding participation in government, encouraging community involvement, promoting a strong democracy, and improving government accountability. This site will evolve as we learn more about what it is you are looking for, how you prefer to communicate with us and how we can better integrate our services with Web 2.0 and world around us. Stay tuned! (RT)
- Michigan Housing Locator The Michigan State Housing Development Authority and partners have introduced a new Web site called the Michigan Housing Locator to help renters locate housing, and to help rental unit owners get their units marketed. Both services are free to both renters and property owners. (RT)
- Michigan Department of Corrections Offender Search
- Michigan Sex Offender Registry
- Michigan Be Winterwise from the MI Public Service Commission. Provides information on ways to manage your winter energy bills. You can find tips for saving energy, links to a wide range of consumer resources and much more. There is also information to assist low-income households and seniors citizens. (RT)
- Subject directory of State and Federal agency consumer complaint offices. Compiled by the MI Attorney General's Consumer Complaint Division
- Tax Reverted Properties in Michigan search (RT)
- Unclaimed Property see if you have unclaimed property
- Find a Michigan Notary Public all active Michigan notaries public are listed, along with the dates and county of commission.
- Library of Michigan
- A Citizen's Guide to State Government 2003-2004
- Mackinac Center for Public Policy A nonpartisan, independent, nonprofit research and educational institute.
- Map Michigan find driving directions between any two Michigan addresses.
- Michigan Benefits focuses on training opportunities, helpful tools and resources and information to explore the DHS benefit programs.
- Michigan Helping Hand A one stop resource for Michigan residents needing help with unemployment, food stamps, foreclosure and health care.
- Michigan Bridges apply for DHS public benefits such as: food assistance (FAP), State Emergency Relief (SER) for energy and non-energy related needs, Medical Assistance (Medicaid), Child Development Care (CDC), and Cash Assistance.
- Michigan Manual
- Michigan Municipal League online access to One Pagers Plus guides, short informational how-tos on local government topics prepared by the staff at MML.
- Michigan Secretary of State
- Michigan Attorney General
- Michigan Tax Forms Needs Adobe Acrobat Reader to download.
- Outline of the Michigan Tax System from the Citizen's Research Council of Michigan
- Planning for your Peace of Mind: A Do-it-Yourself Guide to Medical and Legal Decisions explains and provides copies of two important documents:
- -Durable Power of Attorney
- -Advance Directives for Health Care
- These forms are THE legal documents Michigan citizens use to provide instructions about health care should they lack the ability to make decisions themselves. Among those powers are refusal of medical treatment, withdrawal of medical treatment, and do-not-resuscitate orders. Living wills are not recognized by Michigan law and therefore not included in the Peace of Mind booklet. The Michigan Statutory Will, which is recognized by Michigan Courts, is included.
- Consumer's Tool Kit for Health Advance Planning This tool kit contains a variety of self-help worksheets, suggestions, and resources [for creating health care advance directives]. ... The tool kit does not create a formal advance directive for you. Instead, it helps you do the much harder job of discovering, clarifying, and communicating what is important to you in the face of serious illness. (LII)
- Surface Water Information Management System (SWIMS) This application is an interactive map-based system that allows users to view information about Michigan’s surface water. It was developed through a cooperative effort by the Michigan Department of Information Technology (DIT), Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), and Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR). Users are able to view and download data collected by the DEQ and DNR from surface water monitoring sites located throughout Michigan. (RT)
|| Dingell, John
||Conyers Jr., John