HPL's 2020 Summer Reading Program has begun!
What's Currently Available?
*Information is continuously being updated. Please ask HPL staff, visit hackleylibrary.org, or visit HPL’s Facebook page for the latest updates.
Returning Items - Items can be returned inside the Library during open hours, or outside to the Book Drop. All items with due dates during the closure will be back-dated, and no overdue late fines will be accrued.
Access to Public Computers - Public computer usage will be by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling (231) 722-8009 during open hours or by stopping by the Library.
Browsing - Browsing is now available in certain areas of the library, including the Fiction section, Large Print section, Audiobooks section, and the Youth Services bookstacks.
Checking Out Items, Curbside Pickup Available - Patrons are able to browse certain sections, or can request items in person to checkout at the Library. Patrons can place holds on items online, or inside the Library, and pick them up inside the Library or via curbside pickup.
How to check out items?
1. Patrons are able to browse certain sections of the Library.
2. It is our pleasure to retrieve the items that are available in the Library upon request.
4. For patrons who wish to place a hold on an item (whether in person or online), they will be notified when a hold is ready for pickup. Item(s) can be picked up inside at the service desk, or through curbside pickup.
a. Inside pickup does NOT require an appointment.
b. Curbside pickup does require an appointment; a time must be requested at least one hour prior to the intended pickup time.
5. If curbside pickup is requested, a patron will be given an order number for the requested time. Order number must be provided to pick up order.
6. Please limit curbside pickup to one order per vehicle/family, per day.
Youth Services Dept – Limited Services
HPL’s YS department is open for holds pick-up, in-person item requests, checkouts, in-house Summer Reading sign-up, and browsing bookstacks
HPL’s non-fictions bookstacks remain closed at this time. HPL’s Youth Services computers, and activity areas remain closed at this time.
Your safety is our utmost priority! To ensure that Hackley Public Library is a safe environment for Library patrons, HPL will be following suggested guidelines.
- Visitors are required to wear a face mask/covering at all times while being in the Library.
- All visitors to the Library are required to practice social distancing by maintaining at least six feet apart from library staff and patrons.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to wash their hands and/or utilize hand sanitizer. Visitors are asked to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
- Conversations between library visitors that are not specific to the library services are prohibited in the building and at least 30 feet from the entrance.
- Conversations with staff are to be kept short and related to the specific reasons that the Library is open.
- Visits to the Library are to be for a specific purpose like picking up materials or using a public computer.
- Access to restrooms is for library visitors utilizing specific library services only.
- Smoking of any kind is prohibited anywhere on Library property.
Please allow a few days for a response from an HPL staff member.
Scroll below for more details, information on digital resources, HPL's Summer Reading program, the Mobile Food Pantry schedule, and more.
During this time of COVID, Hackley Library card holders will have up to 20 Hoopla borrows!
Every Michigander counts! Don't forget to complete the census - https://www.michigan.gov/census2020/
Welcome to Hackley Public Library! Search for, download, listen, and borrow books; find and discover events here and around Muskegon; browse our local history; find and look through a number of historical and government links, or just get general information about the library. All these can be found by navigating the buttons on the top of the page. Drop in at our historical building in person to browse our collection of books, use the computer lab, or explore the Local History & Genealogy Department at the Torrent House. Feel free to visit our friends website as well at Friends of Hackley Library.
Missed the Curtis Exhibit? Northwestern University digitized the collection and put it online: Curtis Collection
Just click on one of the bookcovers to see the whole list!
316 W Webster Ave. -- Muskegon, MI, 49440 -- 231-722-8000
Circulation Ext: 8000, Reference Ext: 8011, Tech Ext: 8012, Youth Services Ext: 8014, Local History Ext: 8016